
Last January I went back to college. I have wanted to do this for years and years, but I always thought it would be too hard to do. Being unemployed kind of gives you a good motivator to upgrade your job skills. Ha Ha So I finally took the leap of faith and enrolled in two classes.
Every Saturday I drove downtown for a 3-hour class. It was actually very interesting....and the 3 hours went by very quickly. I really enjoyed the class, the instructor, meeting the other students. It wasn't necessarily easy, but it was definitely easier than I had thought it would be.
I also took a Microsoft 2007 online class. I have been helping a friend deal with a family crisis for the last month or more and got behind on the assignments so I spent a lot of time recently trying to catch up. Other than the nested formula in Excel, I found this class wasn't as horrific as I expected, either. And I learned some really cool stuff tricks. Heather was trying to do something on the computer for her homework and I showed her the tricks I learned. She was very impressed.
So I learned a few things:
1. I am not too old to go back to school.
2. Don't get behind on your homework!
3. Learning is fun. (I knew this but sort of forgot for a while.)
4. It is possible to know something about computers that your teenagers don't know.
I couldn't get into the next pre-requisite course during the summer so I will hold off until fall. But I am done for the summer. Yahoo!
(My girls are jealous. Emily has 8 more class days and her sisters have 5.)
No comments:
Post a Comment