One of the things the girls wanted to accomplish this summer was to learn to cook and bake. Grandma K is famous in our family (and elsewhere) for baking goodies. One family favorite is Chocolate Frosted Cookies. These are chocolate cake-like cookies with chocolate frosting and candy sprinkles. What kid wouldn't love that?!
Today was baking day. When I got home from work there were yummy Chocolate Frosted Cookies on the kitchen table. Talk about adding spice to my day! I was SO excited!
As I was taking a picture for the blog site, Emily suggested I include the recipe. That girl is so smart sometimes! Here you go.....
Chocolate Frosted Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix:
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. shortening
Add and mix: 6 T. cocoa
Add and mix:
3 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
1 c. milk
Drop spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool. Frost.
Chocolate Frosting
4 1/4 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. sour cream
1/2 c. shortening
dash of salt
1 t. vanilla
4 T. cocoa
Mix well. Frost cookies, adding candy sprinkles or chopped nuts on top.
Heather is sitting beside me saying "yummy, yummy" over and over. If you decide to try our recipe let us know if you agree with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment