Blog Challenge:
What places in the world do you want to visit, and why?
There are so many that I don't think I can pick just one.
I have ALWAYS wanted to go to London. It just oozes history!
I don't know if I could ride on one of these buses without thinking of Harry Potter and his wild ride through London.
Big Ben is a must see.
As are the guards at Buckingham Palace.
You gotta love a group of men in uniform!
I love the sense of history that surrounds England.
Besides, every girl wants to step foot in a real castle at least once in her life!
Likewise, the Scottish Highlands are so beautiful
as are the Scottish castles.
I love to listen to bagpipers.
* Funny side note: I once attended a fireside where an elderly sister missionary had just returned from Scotland. She said not all men look good in kilts. It made me laugh because she had looked when she shouldn't have been looking.
It could be fun to do some checking of my own. Besides, I love listening to that Scottish brogue!
I was told once that EVERYONE needs to make at least one trip to Paris in their lifetime.
My brother served his mission in Italy and a good friend served in the same mission immediately afterwards. After writing to missionaries there for 3 1/2 years, I learned to love all things Italian.
If I did visit Italy I would want David to come with me.
I have always loved kangaroos
and koalas
and Outback dusters. Ha Ha I am seeing a theme here!
All joking aside, I have always wanted to visit Australia.
Closer to home, I have always wanted to visit Washington, DC. Although America does not have any centuries old castles, there is tremendous history in the Washington, DC, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area. I would love to spend a month there, just so I could see it all.
Lincoln is my favorite president so this would be a must see.
The site of MLK's march.....and where Ben and Riley discuss stealing the Declaration of Independence in National Treasure.
Gettysburg and so many other Civil War sites hold such a powerful historical significance that they would be moving to visit.
I would love to take a Church history tour, starting in Palmyra, New York, then going on to Ohio and Missouri before arriving in
Nauvoo.
I would love to walk where the early pioneer Saints walked and feel of their spirit and then visit some of the sites along the pioneer trail.
I hope someday to visit at least some of these sites. I did find a Scottish castle that was for sale. Perhaps if I start saving now....



















No comments:
Post a Comment